- SO GOOD
- I don’t get why people think the first one is better
- Sam Claflin is perfect as Finnick
- Actually everyone is pretty good as everyone
- Ugh the film itself is gorgeous
- Francis Lawrence—yes.
- This is probably one of the best book adaptations I have ever seen (kudos to the screenwriters)
- The movie didn’t feel draggy to me (although it might be due to my having read the book)
- I love Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss.
- Also I love the ambiguity Phillip Seymour Hoffman gave to Plutarch
Maybe one reason people liked the first one better is because it was easier to grasp the stakes at risk and the danger. It’s clear that once they’re set to participate in the Games, their lives are at risk. And for Katniss, that also means the well being of her mother and sister: if she doesn’t win, they will die as well. I feel that maybe in this movie, the urgency and the gravity of Katniss being a symbol of rebellion, and what it would mean for her to accept that role and outright defy the Capitol, wasn’t as dire and clear. We do see it sort of, but I didn’t get just how serious it really was from the film, which I felt from the book.
Also the first one does well as a stand-alone movie. Like if they kept it at just that, it would’ve been fine. But because this is more the lead-up into Mockingjay and the war, it is more plot-driven, and I guess people generally find that more boring.
OMGGGGGGGGG CATCHING FIRE WAS SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD
a shooting star is actually someone driving off rainbow road
me at the end of the semester